WEEK 63: Achievement Unlocked: The Book Of Mormon

 Yo wsg.


This past week absolutely FLEW by. I literally have no idea how it's pday already. 

My comp has been teaching me how to cook so this past week I bought some chicken and made my first healthy meal in the mission 💪

We found a new familiy this week and they all showed up to church after 4 days of teaching them! The mom is super awesome and already believes in the gospel and is telling her kids and husband that its true. 

This past week I have developed a huge love for the Book Of Mormón. I'm not gonna lie, my whole mission I've kinda slacked on my study of the scriptures. I have watched conferences talks, book of mormon videos, read PMG, but none of them are good substitutes for ACTUALLY reading the scriptures. 

This past week I prayed so that I could have the desire to read the scriptures and now, it's one of the only things I look forward to in my day. 

I have been reading in Alma in the story of captain Moroni and wanted to share with you all this scripture. 

Alma 48:17
17 Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.

This scripture is awesome because we learned that if we all are like unto moroni the very powers of hell would shake with fear. And the devil could never temp us. So now, how can we be like unto Moroni? I'm glad you asked. 

Moroni was always preparing for the attacks of the devil. Spiritual and physically with defenses. Alma 48:7. And he also gave Thanksgiving unto God in ALL things. Alma 48:12. If we learn to give thanks unto God in everything that we do and always STRIVE to prepare again the fiery darts of the adversary, we can become like unto Moroni. 

En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen. 
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 82: Achievement Unlocked: I Lost My Suitcase on a Bus

WEEK 8: Achievement Unlocked: The Ocean