WEEK 4- Achievement Unlocked: Faith To Not Be Healed

 ¡Buenos dias! 

This week has been a really good week! We started immersion last friday which was tough but it was kind of fun to listen to all of our teachers talking in only spanish. MY SPANISH IS GETTING BETTER, Last week I was stressed out because I knew little to no Spanish before starting immersion. But in order to learn, you've got to start somewhere. So I started studying super hard, I made flash cards, played duolingo, used the church language learner. Now, instead of not knowing 100% of the Spanish being spoken, I now dont know 95% percent of the Spanish being spoken! Hey, everyones gotta start somewhere. 
I think I have some of the most interesting people in my group. First off there is Elder Robrecht, He's a good guy but he will not stop talking to every Hermana he sees. (We call him Rizzbrecht) He's got to learn to lock up his heart sooner than later. Next is Elder Cabrera, He is in the same dorm room as me and he is one of the funniest people I've ever met. We always keep our room up at night because we're just talking and laughing. (Sorry not sorry to everyone else in the room.) Lastly is Elder Bullock. This kid is so funny and he's really good at speaking Spanish. Most of them are just jokes but they're so funny. He always knows how to cheer people up when we're all half asleep in class. He is also going on the same mission as me. He is a real one. 
This week I have rekindled my love for 2 sports that I have forgotten. Soccer and Volleyball. HOLY these sports are fun. Soccer is so much fun because most of my district is good at soccer and I am slowly remembering all my moves that I would use in the good old days. Shoutout to the wolfpack soccer team fr. Next up is volleyball. Let's just say, I'm a beast on the court. Whether it's indoor or outdoor on sand, no one can block me and no one can spike on me. (My mom would be very proud) 
Our district also has this game going on where we have a spoon and the person who has the spoon has to give it to someone else without them knowing, like putting it in their pocket behind their back. The spoon game has become a big thing and if you have the spoon at 10pm on saturday, you have to do a dare that the district gets to choose. Last week Elder Bullock had to wear 1 brown and 1 black shoe. This week however it ramped up and Elder Robrecht had to sleep in the hall on the couch. The dares get worse and worse each week. 
Spiritual thought (it's good today so don't skip it lol) 
Last saturday, I got a dead leg while playing basketball on my left quad. It was the worst dead leg I have gotten in my entire life and it hurt so bad to walk or sit down. That night I received a priesthood blessing from my companion and I thought that my leg would be healed in the morning if it was according to my faith. Long story short, my leg still hurts. I was wondering why it was still hurting even though I prayed and got a blessing for it. The next day, our district was holding a district review when the topic of healing was brought up. 
While talking, someone said that sometimes we need to have the faith to not be healed. This hit me super hard and was a direct answer to the unasked question I had and I think it's very important. We need to have faith that sometimes not everything is going to work out the way you want it too. God knows what he is doing and he has a plan for everyone. His plan is perfect and He knows what He has in store for each of us. Even if that means not being healed when we want to be healed. 
Anyways, That's been it for this week! Thank you all so much for your support and emails. It means a lot to me that I've got people cheering me on, even when the times get tough.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 63: Achievement Unlocked: The Book Of Mormon

WEEK 82: Achievement Unlocked: I Lost My Suitcase on a Bus

WEEK 8: Achievement Unlocked: The Ocean