WEEK 9: Achievement Unlocked: Cumplemes
Whats up everyone!
This email might be a little long so I'll break them up into paragraphs and you can skip to stories that sound more interesting.
Tuesday: Travis Scott and Drake
On Tuesday we took a bus ride to another sector called Ancon, in the mission for district counsel. On the way back there were some kids on the bus listening to Goosebumps by Travis Scott and Kiki by drake. They were super bad remixes with the singing in spanish but it was funny to listen too.
Wednesday: Gratitude
On Wednesday I didn't have the best attitude. I was tired, didn't want to work and just wanted to stay home. I also still don't know the language and people here will tell you if you are bad at Spanish or not. We eventually got through the day and I started thinking of all the things I am grateful for and why I'm on the mission. I then thought of my favorite movie quote from Meet The Robinsons, "keep moving forward" everything is okay now lol.
Thursday: Exchange
On Thursday I did an exchange with Elder Pierce and he is a super cool Elder. We did some studies in the morning and then ate lunch. After that we started teaching and today was LONG. We taught from 2:30-9:30 and fasted the whole time. I also met someone who kept trying to take my tie clip and said that when we are together we are an oreo. Big W.
Friday:
Today we had service cutting grass. You may be thinking, oh mowing lawns isnt too bad. You would be wrong. we had to cut weeds and grass with machetes and it is the most unefficient way to cut grass when you have 4 gringos doing it. I also ended up being sick the rest of the day with a fever.
Saturday:
Today we ate lunch outside of a members house because there was no man over the age of 18. we also did service shoveling gravel. We went and visited a members house today and they had a birthday so we got to eat this rice and chicken plate, jello, cake, and they gave us a bag of candy.
That night we were teaching a lesson and as we finished the power went out everywhere. We also had to get home super fast or else we would be past curfew. We ran along the dirt road in the dark and had dogs chasing us left and right. Eventually we found a random taxi who said he could take us home. Small Miracle.
Spiritual thought:
Look for the joy in everything. The good, the bad, and the ugly. (My sunday school class will get the inside joke)
When you are having a bad day, find joy to make it a better one.
When you are having a good day, find joy to remember the good times youre having.
I love you all so much!
-Elder Johnson











Comments
Post a Comment